During office hours we are staffed and equipped to handle emergencies. If your pet is experiencing an emergency, we ask that you call us when you are on the way so we can prepare for your arrival.
Unfortunately, emergencies can happen during weekends, evenings and holidays too. If your pet needs medical attention and our hospital is closed, please contact one of the following emergency clinics:
Here are examples of some of the situations that warrant urgent care:
- Extreme or long-term vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Blood in the urine and/or stool
- Difficulty breathing
- Blood loss
- Heat stress or exhaustion
- Toxin ingestion (such as rodent poison, medications or antifreeze)
- Vehicular trauma
- Lacerations and/or wounds
- Broken limbs, inability to walk
- Bloat or swelling of the abdomen
Overall, you know your pet the best. If you are concerned, please call Midway Animal Hospital or either of the listed emergency hospitals immediately if you believe your dog or cat needs emergency care.